Sunday, February 22, 2015

Neil Patrick Harris Bombs as Oscar Host



Neil Patrick Harris gave a very un-wait for it-legendary performance tonight as host of the 87th Academy Awards. 

I expected a lot better from the guy who gave the world Barny Stinson. If Harris's performance were a suit, it would be the plainest, dullest suit you had ever seen. The jokes fell flat, some parts were incredibly boring (especially when he's in the audience talking to the Oscar sitters) and the whole bit about guarding his "Oscar Predictions" was incredibly lame. When he said "Oscar Predictions", I thought he meant the predictions about who was going to WIN. But instead, it was predictions of stuff that absolutely made no sense. Oh, and the whole titie whitie bit didn't impress me either. 

When I first heard that Harris would be hosting the Oscars I was excited, for I am a huge fan of How I Met Your Mother. He will always be Barney Stinson to me, the guy who wears suits and teaches everyone how to be awesome. If Harris had given at least half the effort and dedication into his job as host this year as he did in HIMYM, this Oscars might have been very memorable. Instead, his time as Oscar host will be long forgotten, like a suit hanging in a closet, gathering dust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment